Sunday, September 25, 2011

Enlightening Ideas in Education


A post I found interesting was from the 2cents worth blog. David Warlick writes this blog about teaching and learning in Web 2.0.
The post I found interesting, and subsequently commented on, is here: TedxLondon

I am in love with Ted Talks. They are so fascinating to watch. The world's most innovative people share their ideas. My first Ted Talk (and still my favorite) is The Birth of a Word, by Deb Roy.





In his post, David Warlick talks about how London's chapter of Ted had a conference on "The Educational Revolution". It seemed important to me that, according to walk the conference had focused on three things : 1.What's wrong? 2. What's right? 3. What's next?
When I hear people talk, it seems to focus on the wrong, or the negative. The positive and forward-thinking ideas are key for me-- Education should focus on the End, and then the means to achieve the goal.

3 comments:

  1. TED talks is one of my favorite sites too. I wish there were more hours in the day just to listen to the great ideas presented there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Burgos, I completely agree! If only there was more time for TED talks and more Zumba, life would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete