Saturday, November 19, 2011

ePals

ePals is a great reference for educators. The goal for ePals is to connect learners around the globe in a safe environment. I actually just started using this program. I connected with a school in Southern France, and we will be doing a series of cultural and communication projects. The feature I find the most useful is the ePals LearningSpace. There are many web 2.0 tools available including blogs, wikis, forums for discussion and a digital dropbox.

I can (and will) use this to expose my students to an authentic audience with a genuine interest in reading their writing. Students will share their background, passions and memories with students. Then we will do compairison/contrast cultural projects with the students in France.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to learn that you are trying out this site. I hope you will let me know if it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We got our first set of letters Wednesday. I will upload a picture of the envelope to the discussion board for this mod.

    ReplyDelete