Monday, November 7, 2011

My turn: Digital Storytelling

The assignment seemed simple: create a digital story. My problems arose from my listlessness. I was not sure what to write about. I ended up creating a fairy tale.
Carpegast is the title of my story, found here:
I could use the Bubblr tool to help my students understand texts (fiction) that they have read. My students could create an alternate ending. I could also ask my students to add an "epilogue" or additional chapter to the story of their choice.
My students also need a large amount of experience with nonfiction text. I believe that my students could write their own summaries of nonfiction text, with pictures to assist in comprehension. Students could also write picture books using vocabulary words.

1 comment:

  1. Your fairy tale is a good example of using Bubblr to practice story-telling.

    ReplyDelete